* 1/4th cup Long grain Rice (washed and drained)
* 4-5 cups Milk
* 2-3 cardamom seeds (crushed)
* 2 tbsp. almonds (blanched silvered)
* A pinch of saffron threads, soaked in a little hot milk
* 1 tbsp skinned pistachio nuts (chopped)
* 1 tbsp raisins (optional)
* 2-3tbsp. sugar or as desired
Put the rice, milk and cardamom in a pan, bring to boil and simmer gently until the rice is soft and the grains are starting to break up.
Add almonds, pistachio, saffron and raisins and simmer for 3-4 minutes.
Add the sugar and stir until completely dissolved.
Remove from heat and serve either warm or chilled.